Ladner Karate is a member of:
- Karate Canada, Karate BC
- Karate Canada is the only karate organization legitimately recognized, supported and funded by the Canadian government, and is the National governing body for the sport of karate in Canada. Karate Canada is a member of the Canadian Olympic Committee, the World Karate Federation, the Pan American Karate Federation and the Commonwealth Karate Federation.
- Satokai Canada
- Sato-Ha Shito-Ryu International Federation
LADNER KARATE – COVID19 – Safety Plan Jan 10, 2021
We are following the BC COVID guidelines.
Before You Come
Check your health (guidelines to stay home)
BC COVID-19 Self Assessment questionnaire found here: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
If you, or anyone in your household are sick (Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath, Sore Throat, Loss of ability to smell, unusual headaches, or cold like illness. STAY HOME
- Remind yourself do not touch face and to cough/sneeze into your sleeve.
- Leave sparring gloves/mouthguard at home.
- Wear karate gi/uniform to class, to avoid changing at Nikkei Centre.
- Wear sandals, flip-flops etc. for easy slip on/off.
- Bring own water bottle, no water fountain use.
When You Arrive
- Mask is Mandatory
- Use front entrance. The practice hall doors will be left open. Use hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Due to the use of the stage by instructors we are asking parents to not be present during practice.
- All doors will be left open and ceiling exhaust fans will be on.
Use room hand sanitizer upon entry and exit.
- Mask is Mandatory.
- No spectators allowed.
- All activities are NON-CONTACT and social distanced greater than 10 feet.
- All activities will minimize very high heart rate exercises.
- Proceed directly to your own “socially-distanced”(10’) designated area.
- All personal items jackets, back-pack etc. kept in own designated area.
- Attendance will be taken by instructor by call-out. Attendance lists will be kept for “tracking”.
- At the beginning and end of class, all students will be reminded of our health & safety rules. Students will be monitored and rules enforced by instructors.
- No touching floor with hands or any surface. Accidental touching requires immediate hand sanitizing.
- Instructors to use stage to maintain physical distancing and for better visibility of and by students.
- Instruction: Training activities have been modified to maintain social distancing. (ie. no partner exercises, no contact with each other)
-Water breaks, use personal water bottle within student’s designated area. No use of water fountain.
-Bathroom breaks will be one student at a time. Footwear required before leaving practice area. Students will be checked upon re-entry for washing hands and use of hand sanitizer.
- No shouting.
- Instructors will have masks, face-shields and hypoallergenic nitrile gloves, sanitizing wipes, sanitizer to use when necessary.
When You Leave
- Mask is Mandatory
- There will be a controlled staggered student exit.
Our Black Belt Instructors will monitor and enforce the COVID19 rules.
Stay safe and well!
Juniors 6-12 yrs
All members allowed free classes at affiliated clubs
Mert Horita (7 Dan)
Chief Instructor: Ladner Karate, Nikkei Karate
President: Satokai Canada